- In person at our Pendleton Office
- by US Postal Service
- FedEx, UPS or other couriers
- by E-Recording though our online portal with HelionSoft.com utilizing Simplifile.com, Corporation Service Company, ERecording Partners Network or Indecomm Global Services
Documents submitted by fax or email are not accetable
The document presented for recording must be a legible original that meets all content requirements. Any document that contains text not sufficiently legible to reproduce a readable photographic record will be returned without being recorded. Example: Emailed, faxed or copied documents, even with original signatures, often do not meet this requirement.
Nothing smaller than 8 ½ x 11 inches, nor larger than 8 ½ x 14 inches is accepted. A map attachment measuring 11 x 17 inches is allowed, but will be charged as 2 additional 8 ½ x 11 inch pages, plus a Non-standard Form fee of $20.00, in addition to regular recording fees. Notarial certificates or attachments must be taped, (not stapled) on the document or on an additional blank page.
Black type or ink, 8 point or larger in size. (This is 8 point type).
Sufficient for recording photographically and to prevent bleed-through from back .
A blank space of 3.25” tall x 2.5” inches wide preferably in the upper right or lower right corner of the 1st page, or the lower right corner of the last page is required for our recording label. If lacking sufficient space, we will add a blank end page for our label or you may use a cover sheet that meets the first page requirements. In either case you will be assessed for an additional page.
- Name(s) of the transaction(s): A document must be clearly labeled in sufficient detail to enable the clerk to record the instrument in the appropriate record. ORS 205.236;
- Names of the parties: Grantor/Grantee or 1st Party/ 2nd Party or Direct Party/Indirect Party described in ORS 205.125(1)(a)and(b) and ORS 205.160(1)(b)and(c);
- Return To information: The name and address of the person to whom the recorded document is to be returned. ORS 205.180;
- Consideration: : For documents conveying or contracting to convey title to any real estate and all memorandums of such documents, the true and actual consideration paid for such transfer ORS 93.030;
- Tax Statement Name & Address: : For instruments that convey or contract to convey fee title to real estate, the tax statement information required by ORS 93.260;
- Clerks Lien Record: County lien records, the information required by ORS 205.125 (1) is as follows:
- Name and address of issuing agency, party or claimant
- Name and address of debtor
- The amount of monetary obligation imposed
- Issued on official letterhead and include the seals, if any, of the officers and agencies
- Full or partial satisfaction, if any, of the lien claim created by the order or warrant
- Names and address of assignee: : For documents assigning a mortgage or trust deed the name and address of the assignee must be listed on the first page. ORS 205.234(1)(g);
Description of real property for purposes of recordation. Unless otherwise prescribed by law, real property shall be described for recordation by giving the subdivision according to the United States survey when coincident with the boundaries thereof, or by lots, blocks and addition names, or by partition plat recording and parcel numbers, or by giving the boundaries thereof by metes and bounds, or by reference to the book and page, document number or fee number of any public record of the county where the description may be found or in such other manner as to cause the description to be capable of being made certain. However, description by address or tax lot number shall not be adequate. Initial letters, abbreviations, figures, fractions and exponents, to designate the township, range, section or part of a section, or the number of any lot or block or part thereof, or any distance, course, bearing or direction, may be employed in any such description of real property.
(1) An instrument that has been previously recorded may be re-recorded to make corrections to the original instrument. (2) The county clerk shall record an instrument presented for re-recording as provided in subsection (1) of this section. The corrected instrument need not be acknowledged again. The person presenting the instrument for re-recording shall cause a re-recording certificate to be affixed to the first page of the instrument or to a cover sheet authorized by ORS 205.234(2) added as a new first page to the instrument. The re-recording certificate shall contain the words
“Re-recorded at the request of__________________________________________
previously recorded in book/reel_______and page______, or as document no.__________________”
A certified copy of a recorded instrument may not be altered for the purpose of correcting the original instrument. The person presenting the instrument may present an unaltered certified copy of the recorded instrument when it is attached to a cover sheet authorized by ORS 205.234(2). The cover sheet must contain the re-recording certificate described in subsection (2) of this section. The re-recorded document may include attachments identified on the cover sheet that are necessary to make the corrections.
UMATILLA COUNTY RECORDS DOES NOT HAVE RECORDED DOCUMENT IMAGES AVAILABLE ONLINE.
Copy Requests and Fees
Fees to locate and produce copies
Per ORS 205.320(1) (c) there is a charge of $3.75 to locate a record unless a Recording No. or Book/Reel & Page number is provided. This fee applies when searching by Name, address, Tax Account Number, Map & Tax lot Number. (Use the online records index at the bottom of this page to help locate Recording Nos. for requested documents.) This fee also applies to a lien search against any name when copies are requested. We do not guarantee that we turn up all liens against a person as we do not have access to judgments filed in the court, nor access to online city lien registries. It is recommended that you contact a Title Company for a thorough Title search.
Computer Research per hour for large requests $30.00
Local customers may receive instruction on how to search records on their own via our public terminals located in our office.
- Copies 8.5 x 11 inches 25 cents per page
- Copies 8.5 x 14 inches 25 cents per page
- Copies 11 x 17 inches 50 cents per page
- Plats Maps 18 x 24 inches $8.00 per page
- Copies emailed are 25 cents per page with a $1.00 minium
- To certify a recorded copy $3.75 per document
- Certified copy of Marriage record (included in $67.75 license application fee)
- Certified copy of Marriage license at any other time $7.75
- Each additional certified copy of Marriage record at time of license purchase or after $4.00
- Replacement Memento (Unofficial) Marriage Certificate $1.00
- Certified Military Discharge Record for active Veteran benefit claim No Charge
(Please note that certified copies cannot be emailed or faxed)
Means of Obtaining & Requesting Copies
- In person - Rm. 106 - Umatilla County Courthouse - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (cash, check or debit card)
- Via email – email@example.com (With link & payment thru SecureCPTeller.com)
- Via US mail, prepaid Fed-ex or UPS - County Records, 216 SE 4th St. Pendleton, OR 97801 (check or M/O)
- Via Fax – (541) 278-6345 (check or Secure CPTeller.com)
- We do not take credit card orders over the phone. Recording customers may include additional funds at the time of recording to obtain recorded copies. We do not “conform” copies.