As of July 4, 2023 a NON-AGRICULTURAL BURN BAN is in effect until further notice. This ban includes all residential open burning such as tree limbs, grass clippings and BURN BARRELS. This burn ban does not include BBQ grills.
09/28/2023 is a:
GOOD BURN DAY
Check with your local fire district for further regulations on burning.
BURN LINE: 541-278-6397
Last update: 09/28/2023 05:04 am
If the burn line message or information has not been udated today, please click "Update" or call 541-966-3651
Renew your permit for 2024
Email permit applications to: email@example.com
If you wish to pay by credit/debit card, staff will email you a link to our secure payment portal.
Smoke Management & Burn Permits can be processed electronically. A secure payment portal is available to pay remotely with your debit or credit card. Staff is available to answer your questions by phone at 541-278-6252.
Check us out on FACEBOOK
The designation of a Burn or No Burn day shall apply to all areas of the county. The following days will automatically constitute No Burn days:
- Air stagnation days. Days that are designated by the National Weather Service.
- Fire Safety Days. Days on which the State Fire Marshall, his designated agent, or the Board of Commissioners has determined burning should be prohibited based on general fire safety conditions.
- Haze reduction days. The following days will be Haze Reduction Days:
- Pendleton Round-Up. Open burning covered by this permit, is prohibited county wide from the Saturday preceding Round-Up through the Sunday following Round-Up.
- National Holidays. Memorial Day weekend (Saturday through Monday). July 4th (Independence Day). Labor Day weekend (Saturday through Monday).
- Other Festivals & Events. For the events listed below, no open burning will be allowed within a radius of three miles of the event site, nor within 5 miles generally upwind of the site.
- Umatilla County Fair & Farm City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston).
- Fort Henrietta Days Celebration (Echo).
- Hermiston Days
- OSU/USDA Experimental Station Research Field Day (Adams).
- Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation events (to be identified and applied for inclusion on a yearly basis).
- Caledonian Games (Athena).
- Muddy-Frogwater Festival (Milton-Freewater).
- Walla Walla County Fair (Walla Walla)