The Umatilla County Courthouse is taking precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19

We remain open for business via email & phone and most permitting can be processed electronically.


Department of Land Use Planning

Email applications to:



Zoning Code

Umatilla County Development Code (UCDC) 

Permit Applications


I have a question about the permit process... Learn all about the process for developing property in Umatilla County; including a complete list of contact information for other agencies involved.

Planning Department Fee Schedule Please check with the Planning Department for any changes or additional fees.

  • ZP - Zoning Permit Application If the use is permitted outright on the subject property, a zoning permit is required for new construction and additions or after a land use permit application is obtained. Attach the appropriate fee as stated on the form, completed site plan and signatures of ALL property owners.
  • Design Review Application Development in certain zones such as Light Industrial, Retail Service Commercial, etc. also requires a Design Review application with a zoning permit. 
  • Replacement Dwellings in Resource Zones  (EFU & GF Zones).  To replace a lawfully established dwelling in the EFU or GF Zone, complete this form to provide proof that it meets the review criteria set forth in UCDC 152.058(F) & 152.082(O). 
  • County Floodplain Development Permit Application 
  • AG- Farm Agriculture/Equine Building Exemption State law (ORS 455.315) allows exemption from the requirements for a building permit and inspections under the Oregon State Structural Specialty Code for certain agricultural buildings. A landowner must obtain approval and signature from the local planning office to qualify for this type of permit. Farm Exempt structures are only allowed on resource zoned land (EFU & GF) where a bona fide "farm" is being operated. The property must be assessed under the "Farm Deferral" tax program. 
  • Additional Signature Page

LURA - Land Use Request Application complete this form for ALL types of land use applications. 

Select the Supplemental Forms below for the specific type of land use application desired.

Additional County Applications 

Umatilla County Public Health

Submit a Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS) to start the review process for construction of a new septic system or repair to a failing system. Approval is also needed if you are reconnecting to an existing system or changing the waste flow by increasing the occupancy of a house or building. Umatilla County Public Health processes onsite septic system permits. Additional forms are available on the Public Health website.

Contact the Health Department at 541-278-6394 for more information about septic installation or repair permits.

State Building Codes Division

A Structural Permit Application from State Building Codes Division is required for all additions, new structures, placement of Manufactured Homes and plumbing, electrical and mechanical permits.

Contact the local Building Codes Division at 541-276-7814 for more information about structural permits.